Today, we learned how to use clustering as a brainstorming strategy before responding to any writing prompt. Think about today’s practice. How did clustering help you generate ideas, examples, etc for the prompt? What part of the clustering process was most useful to you, and do you think you would use this strategy when planning an AP Lang essay? Explain.

 Prompt Response: I liked learning about clustering because I learned how to generate ideas by breaking the prompt down into various groups. This allowed me to think deeper and explore how to write, and what to write, when faced with a prompt. It was also really helpful to visually map out the prompt and ideas that fit in with it that I could possibly write about in my paragraphs. I think I would use this method when writing an essay for AP Lang. I overall found it very helpful and would use it when practicing writing essays as well.

Summary: Today in class we learned how to brainstorm using the cluster method.

Reflection: Even though I was not present for part of the class, the bit that I learned about this strategy was helpful. It was helpful to learn how to create different sections for the paragraphs and then come up with about three topics that could be discussed in that paragraph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?