In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

 Prompt Response: One time I felt that I truly belonged was at a family reunion. All of my cousins, aunts, and uncles from my dad's side were at this reunion. I felt like I belonged because all of my extended family is pretty close and they are all so kind and considerate. One of my cousins is also my age and we're best friends so being with her also helps create that sense of belonging. Overall being with my extended family and having fun with them is a time where I always feel I belong because they make sure that nobody feels left out or loved less than anyone else.

Summary: Today in class we did an assignment on CommonLit.

Reflection: The CommonLit assignment was about the connection between cell phones and sense of belonging. This assignment was helpful because we had to identify how the author used research to prove and support their print of view.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?