After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

 Prompt Response: Two important things that I took away was how to really write commentary for an argumentative essay and how important including it in your AP Lang Argumentative Essay is. Originally I didn't understand how to really write commentary very well. This lesson was helpful because it taught me how to. It broke down all the things I needed to do in order to receive full points on the rubric. It also taught me how to correctly and effectively write commentary.

Summary: Today in class we used the rubric to grade real examples of AP Lang Argumentative essays.

Reflection: I found today's lesson very helpful and it was probably one of the most helpful lessons I've had. I now feel that when I have to write commentary for a piece of evidence in an essay I will be able to effectively do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?