Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?
Prompt Response: I now understand that commentary is not just explaining the evidence. The commentary is explaining why the evidence is relevant to the claim. If you do not include why the evidence is relevant to your claim, there is no point in including it. This three step method has been helping improve the way I write my commentary and I feel more confident in doing so. It's been really helpful to have three clear steps that tell you exactly what to do when writing commentary and how to do it.
Summary: Today in class we practiced writing commentary four times.
Reflection: This assignment really helped me understand how to correctly write commentary for an argumentative essay. I think that my commentary writing is improving and these exercises were also helpful because they allowed me to practice what I had been learning.
Comments
Post a Comment