Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

 Prompt Response: One time I had to write a poem in seventh grade for an assignment our teacher had given us. For our assignment we had to write a sonnet. In weeks prior we had learned how to write sonnets as a class but now it was time to test our knowledge. I took time writing this sonnet because it not only had to be meaningful, but it also had to rhyme. By the time I finished it I was proud of my work. I think the sonnet I wrote was about fall.

Summary: Today in class we annotated a poem.

Reflection: It was cool to learn how being a poet is similar to being an acrobat. I was also interesting watching the video of the guy walking across a tightrope over the grand canyon because it kind of put things into perspective, such as how dangerous it can be being an acrobat, and also a poet in a sense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?