Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt Response: When completing an assignment I will sometimes use the rubric if it is provided and other times not. When teachers continuously post assignments with vague instructions and no real rubric, it can be easy to forget to check for one, and even if they do post one, actually use it. However, the times that I do use the rubric have been very helpful. After revieing the AP Lang argument essay rubric in class, it has helped me better understand the importance of using a rubric. I wasn't really sure about what the essay entailed but now I know exactly what I need to do.
Summary: Today in class we finished going over the AP Lang Argumentative Essay Rubric and then we started working on answering a prompt.
Reflection: Finishing the AP Lang Argumentative Essay Rubric was very helpful because we went in depth and I now understand everything I have to do in order to get all six points. It was also fun to the later discuss in class the things that people thought were overrated.
Comments
Post a Comment