Write about something that you believed as a child.

 Prompt Response: As a child, I believed a few things that I no longer believe now. An example of one of those things is that when you swallow gum, it stays in your stomach for seven years. I only learned two years ago that when you swallow gum, it is only in your stomach for about one to two days. I never really had to worry about swallowing gum as a child though because I didn't like it. To this day the only gum I can chew is mint gum just because chewing any other flavor just kind of grosses me out. 

Summary: In class today we took notes on various types of claims.

Reflection: In class today I learned about three new claims. One of the claims I learned about was the claim of policy. I can use this claim whenever I am trying to change something or trying to create a proposal; for change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?